“My dream of the perfect training facility has always been one that can turn students into a “triple threat” by offering superb Hip Hop, Tap Dance, Jazz, Break Dancing, Contemporary, and Musical Theatre training, as well as, a variety of performance opportunities.
This is the type of Bergen County Dance School I would have wanted for myself when I was a young student of the performing arts. However, it didn’t exist. Voice lessons were on 86th street, Ballet on 56th, and Tap and Jazz were on 49th and Broadway.
No longer a dream, Dance Designs is a full-blown performing arts center with energy and personality all its own that turns out professionals of all ages, heightens the awareness of arts in the community, and nurtures self-esteem and physical well-being.”
– Director, Carol Baskinger
Why Dance Designs?
Class Size: Each class has a maximum enrollment capacity to maintain a balanced student to teacher ratio that ensures individual attention for each student.
Instruction: Our coed classes are taught by professionally trained instructors who cater to all levels of students from beginners to professional. Dancers are able to learn at their individual pace while maintaining proper placement and technique.
Facility: Our 4-studio facility with professional stage lighting has sprung floors designed for safe training. Parents are able to view students’ progress on our reception area’s wide-screen simulcast. All students have access to our private dressing room. Lastly, we have a separate Vocal/Music room for private lessons.
Choosing the right dance school isn’t easy—switching dance schools is even more difficult. We know you’ve got a lot to consider, and we’re here to help. Sign up today for a free one-on-one Personal Consultation with our Director, Carol Baskinger.
Do you need a venue for an upcoming event? Rent our studio for your next birthday party, private lesson and more!
Rentals are available anytime Monday – Friday from 8am – 2pm or all day any Sunday. Contact us to learn more about our rates and rental process.
Many of our students lead professional careers in entertainment and have continued their dancer studies at prestigious schools across the globe. Some success stories and schools include:
- Actress Jillian Morgese, movie credits include: The Avengers (2012), Much Ado About Nothing (2012)
- Dancer/Model- Diva Perfume Ungaro
- Dancers/Models- Mehron Cosmetics
- Dance- New York City Ballet
- Dance- Alwin/Nikolais Dance Theatre
- Dance/Theatre-“Cats” National Tour
- Dance- NJ Devils Dancers
- Dance- NY Jets Dancers
- Dance- The Radio City Rockettes
- Dance/Theatre- Bye Bye Birdie (Alice Johnson, Dance Captain)
- Dance/Theatre- Billy Elliot (Michael)
- Dance/Theatre- Beauty and the Beast (Chip)
- Dance/Theatre- The Little Mermaid (Flounder)
- Dance/Theatre- Newsies (Les)
- Dance- Ringling Bros Barnum and Bailey Circus (Dance Captain)
- Dance/Theatre- “Annie” (Annie Warbucks )
- Dance & Voice- “Annie” National tour (Molly)
- Voice- Nickelodeon’s “Dora the Explorer” (Backpack)
- Dance/Theatre- “Best Little Whore House” (Chorus)
- The University of the Arts
- Rutgers, Mason Gross School of the Arts
- American Musical and Dramatic Academy
- James Madison University
- The New Jersey School of Ballet
- The Papermill Playhouse Summer Conservatory
- The American Academy of Ballet
- The Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet
- Montclair State University
- The Joffrey Ballet